Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ZIT ZAPPERS!

As someone who has battled acne since the age of 12, I have tried just about every product out there. I am now 40 years old, and still have frequent breakouts. I have tried accutane, antibiotics, and every kind of topical product (prescription and store bought) you can think of. Add to that the fact that I have sensitive skin and allergies and can't tolerate benzoyl peroxide, I have a dilemna on my hands.

These are 2 outstanding products I would recommend to anyone. I first noticed an ad for Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion in the back of several different magazines years ago. Then I read an article in which Liv Tyler was raving about it and I finally decided to give it a try. Wow! This stuff is awesome! It's famous for "drying up pimples overnight" and that's pretty much what it does. The Drying Lotion seriously shrinks whiteheads overnight. It contains calamine, salicylic acid, camphor and sulfur. When the bottle is left sitting, the pink calamine collects on the bottom and a clear liquid sits on top. You are not supposed to shake it up and mix it, you are supposed to leave it separated. Then you dip a q-tip in it and dot it on your whiteheads. It will dry and you leave it on overnight. You will see a big difference in the morning.

Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion is made to "stop deep cystic pimples in their tracks." Boy does it ever! I've used this several times this week, and it is very effective overnight. I had one of those hard bumps that you can see under the skin. It was a little smaller than a dime. The next morning it was the size of a pinhead! And I had absolutely no allergic reaction to it over the course of the week. I am very apprehensive to put things on my face before I go to bed because I tend to roll around and rub my face in my pillow during the night. If I put something aggravating on my skin I will typically wake up with red, runny eyes and nose. This product has no smell at all and is a milky liquid that goes on clear.

Mario Badescu has a spa in New York and specializes in skin solutions. They address everything from ezcema to scars. They have an extensive skin care line. They do absolutely no animal testing. They have been featured in numerous magazines such as Lucky, Elle, Glamour, InStyle, Women's Health, Family Circle and Martha Stewart Living. Their celebrity clients include: Jennifer Anniston, Ashley Judd, Live Tyler, Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Courtney Cox, Martha Stewart, Eva Longoria, Natalie Portman, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Oprah.

You may order these and other Mario Badescu products at http://www.mariobadescu.com/. And if you want to save shipping costs, Ulta just recently started carrying Mario Badescu in their stores. The items I have featured here are $17 each which is quite a good deal for such effective products. And they both last quite a while. If you have a teenager who is battling acne, or you are battling it yourself - please give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment