Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lypossage and Neckline Slimmer Update

Well, it just so happens that I'm ending my lypossage sessions and my neckline slimmer exercises on the same day so I decided to give you a report on the results of them both as promised.

The lypossage regime recommends 12 sessions a couple of days apart. Then a follow-up session once a month for maintenance. The brochure said they recommend you drink lots of water and do aerobic exercise during your treatment period. I already drink a decent amount of water, and I walk on a treadmill 3 to 5 times a week. I did not change my eating habits or increase my exercise because I wanted to be able to report the actual results from the treatment alone.

I ended up doing only 10 sessions because I have a vacation coming up and won't be able to get to the spa for 8 days. I typically stretched my appointments out to 3 or 4 days apart. I have to tell you that my last 2 sessions were the easiest because I had become accustomed to the abuse, and I took a Tylenol about a half hour before I arrived. The treatments are extremely painful. Your skin is literally twisted, pulled, slapped, and beaten. You get bruises. It is hardcore. And the results were not quite what I was hoping for. I have seen some improvement, but for the amount of money you spend and the pain associated with the treatments, I would not recommend it to anyone hoping for a big change. I do however believe that the massages have benefited me through improved circulation which has equaled more energy, and a reduction in congestion and allergies.

My friend Marlene told me about a laser treatment called Zerona which is supposed to melt fat. You simply lie on a table and they point the laser at different parts of your body and it goes to work. It is not a hot laser and you don't feel a thing. It can even be used to get rid of a double chin. Of course once the fat is gone, it will come right back if you eat fatty foods. I went online and looked up some news stories about it and some clips from the show "Doctors." It looks completely legit, but in Houston it costs about $2500. I will have to save up some serious cash before I can try that one, but I will definitely put it on my list of things to do!

As for the Neckline Slimmer, it came with 3 different springs that you insert into the contraption. Each spring increases in resistance. So I started with the easiest one and did that for a week. Then I used the medium one for a week, and finally worked my way up to the most difficult one for the last week. I did 30 reps of neck exercises and 30 reps of chin exercises daily. Well, I got absolutely no results whatsoever. So guys and girls, save your money on that one too! Mine is going back to the store!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't return the lypossage! That might be really fun to give it back, bruise for bruise. By the way, where is the double chin you speak of? I've never seen it. You must have a really good photographer that photo shops it out! It wasn't in the vacation pics, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's there, believe me! But I would never post a picture where it showed up! Too vain! lol

    ReplyDelete