Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mascara & Tweezers

I've been a long time devotee to Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I have somewhat thick lashes and I think their brush works really well for me. I love the "blackest black" but I also use "brownish black" on occasion. I've noticed that every year InStyle magazine lists them as the best budget mascara, if not the best mascara period. There is a reason it's been around a long time.
I've tried some of the new mascaras that have the rubber brushes and they don't work for me at all.
Lately I am loving Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara. The formula is thin enough to get into your lashes really well to coat them, and I like the brush too. It reminds me of the Maybelline brush. I got a couple of samples with purchases I made last year and I've decided it's time to purchase the full size. It costs $14 and I noticed it was rated 4 out of 5 stars on Clinique's website.
I never thought tweezers were that important until I lost my Tweezerman tweezers for about 5 days last week. I searched everywhere in my bathroom 2 or 3 times and even had my husband emptying out drawers to help me find them! We have special rules about him borrowing my tweezers. He knows there is a particular place that they belong and he must put them back where he found them. I have had so many tweezers that didn't grip well, or just broke hair off when you grabbed it. My Tweezerman tweezers are the best I've ever had. I had been reading about them in magazines for years. They always made InStyle's "best of" list. I just couldn't imagine spending $20 for a pair of tweezers! So I got the petite size and spent only $12. I mean, why do you need full size tweezers? They accomplish the exact same thing and I think the petite size are much more manageable and easy to use.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard wonderful things about Dior blackout mascara...http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P175208... but it's $24, care to do some research ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone out there has tried Dior Blackout Mascara, please let us know your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my Buxom by Bare Essentials. I want to try Cover Girl Lash Blast next since all the youtube girls rave about it.

    I have tried Diorshow mascara. It made me have raccoon eyes by days end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Lisa! I've been thinking of trying the bare essentials one, now I think I just might.

    ReplyDelete