Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nail Polish & Remover



Today I thought I would write about my new favorite thing: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color. I went to get a manicure at the salon spa Saturday morning, and as soon as I left I smudged a nail trying to put my keys in the ignition. Then I smudged another nail trying to put my seat belt on! By the time I got to my next stop at Ulta, I had smudged half my nails and my manicure was ruined. While shopping at Ulta I came across Sally Hansen's new polish which has some great features: 60 seconds to dry, wide applicator brush that claims one stroke will cover the entire nail, and complete coverage with one coat. I am one of those people who hates to wait for nail polish to dry so I hardly ever paint my own nails. But I went ahead and bought about 5 different colors thinking that if I tried one and didn't like it, I would return them all. At home I painted my nails myself and they really did dry in 60 seconds and really did only need one coat. As far as one stroke covering the entire nail, I haven't mastered that technique yet, but the wide brush was so much better and easier to use than the skinny ones most polishes have. As far as wear is concerned, I am on day 4 with no chips. On day 2 I did apply a top coat to help preserve my polish so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. But I have to say, I swam in chlorinated water, washed dishes, typed, straightened up the house, etc. I am very pleased. This product has seriously taken the dread out of doing my own nails. Polishes left to right are: #04 Petal Pusher, #11 Sonic Bloom, #13 Racey Rouge, #09 Rapid Red, #20 Pronto Purple, #18 Cinna-snap.

I also wanted to recommend these individual nail polish remover felts. I bought mine over a year ago at Kroger. When I was in the grocery store the other day, they did not have the brand I have, but they did have a Kroger brand and a Cutex brand. The nail polish remover comes in a box full of individual packets. Each packet contains a large, thick piece of felt type material that is already saturated with polish remover. Each felt removes polish for 10 nails, so you can do both hands or both feet with only one felt. They are perfect to keep in your purse or in your desk at work. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to work and noticed my nail polish was way past its expiration date and looked horrid. It's just one of those things I keep putting off thinking I will do it later then I forget. These are great for little emergencies and only cost about $2.99 for a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment