Thursday, September 17, 2009

What to Take in your Carry-On for a Long Flight

Since I have a trip coming up soon and needed to pack, I thought I would write about what I take with me on the plane. Now these are my recommendations for a long flight. When nighttime comes, I have been known to wash my face and brush my teeth on the plane. I put moisturizer on to keep my skin from drying out. In the morning I wash my face and brush my teeth again, reapply my makeup and get off the plane feeling tired but fresh-faced.
If I am going to be on the plane overnight, this is what I take:
1. My favorite Vera Wang travel bag I bought at Kohls. It is a large nylon bag that holds a lot of stuff. It is easy to wipe clean and has strong shoulder straps.
2. I carry my travel wallet which contains my license, passport, cash, insurance cards and credit cards.
3. Small moleskin notebook. It is very light and gives me a place to jot down ideas and make lists. I am an avid list maker!!!
4. I have to have a pen & a highlighter.
5. Reading material. On this trip I will be taking one classic paperback, a small devotional book, a fashion magazine and a sudoku puzzle book. My husband is packing the travel guide.
6. Sunglasses
7. Bandaids. You never know!
8. Toothbrush in a case.
9. Hair band and/or clips.
10. A small fold-up travel hair brush.
11. Travel size Kleenex packet.
12. Borba or Airborne that you can dissolve in water.
13. Small tin of Altoids.
14. Throat lozenges.
15. Sleeping mask
16. Cotton Rounds
17. Q-tips
18. Make-up bag with all my non-liquid makeup.
19. An extra pair of undies! (Just in case your luggage gets lost. It happens!)
20. Quart size bag of liquid products
This is what my quart size bag contains:
1. Eye drops because the dry air on the plane really dries out your eyes too.
2. Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer. I've recommended this on my blog before. It is a cool gel moisturizer. Feels great. No smell. And I'm not a big moisturizer fan, but the dry air on the plane really makes it necessary.
3. Lip gloss or balm to keep your lips from drying out.
4. Allergy nasal spray or saline spray because your sinuses will get dried out too.
5. Tide To Go stick - just in case.
6. Travel size toothpaste so you can brush your teeth.
7. A small travel size spray bottle filled with water. This is one of my favorite things. I spritz my face - with or without makeup on, just to moisten it and feel refreshed. It really helps keep it from drying out. I even convinced my mother-in-law to let me spritz her on our last flight!
8. My Smashbox Primer for when I reapply makeup.
9. Travel size hand sanitizer. You could buy the little bottles or the little paper packets.
10. Travel size eye makeup remover. I keep the little sample bottles I get with the Clinique giveaways and just keep refilling them.
11. Travel size toner - ditto above.
12. Travel size cleanser. On clinique.com you can order a box of 3 travel size cleansing gels. I pack these or free sample bottles they give away with purchase.
13. Concealer

Happy Travels Everyone!!!

3 comments: