Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fashion Night Out + Product Reviews & Updates

Tonight is Fashion's Night Out at Neiman Marcus. It is my understanding that this event is taking place all over the world. Our Neiman's in Houston promises lots of free cosmetic samples, great food, music, and fashion shows. 6pm to 9:30pm. Should be fun!

Update on the Sally Hansen nail polish. Today is day 6 and I barely have a few chips around the edges on my right hand. Left hand still looks great. And I have not added any more top coat since the day after my manicure on Sunday. Could be touched up but I will probably switch colors today.

As promised, I tried the Infallible powder that the Loreal website recommended as being the closest thing to the Quickstick they discontinued. Well, the Infallible powder is nothing like the Quickstick. It is simply a powder and I wouldn't recommend it for use as a foundation. It is going back to the store.

I also tried Benefit Playsticks in "Spin the Bottle." It is a cream to powder foundation stick. It is much creamier than the Quickstick. I personally prefer the drier texture of the Quickstick. The color looked kind of orangey when I first opened it, but once I put it on and blended I loved the color and the appearance it gave my skin. Kind of a dewy look and provided good coverage. I did not however enjoy the smell. It smells kind of medicinal or herbal when I first put it on. Fortunately my allergies didn't react and the smell faded, but it was a little annoying at first. Today I noticed my face is a little broken out and I can't help but wonder if it was from the creamy formula being on my face all day. So the Playstick will be returned also. Still looking for that perfect replacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment