Monday, August 31, 2009

Super Shopping Secret #2






It probably seems a little unusual that today's shopping secret is a magazine, but after I tell you a little bit about it you will understand why. Lucky Magazine is a magazine for shoppers. Every item that shows up in the mag shows where to buy it and how much it costs. They feature clothing, jewelry, and beauty products galore. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of a lot of the outfits they put together, but you can still find nice pieces in here if you have a good eye. The main reason I am recommending Lucky is because every single issue has a giveaway section called "Lucky Breaks" in the back. There are always tons of things you can register online to win. We are talking everything from flat screen TVs to Benefit Cosmetics. For example, the July issue offered 100 shopping sprees worth $100 in Benefit cosmetics. I subscribed and entered a lot of the giveaways when I received my very first issue. I actually won a $100 gift card from The Limited! (Yes, that's me in the bottom photo.) It is very time consuming because you have to fill out an online entry form for every single item you are interested in. It would be nice if you filled out one form and could click on the items you were interested in registering for, but hey, it's free stuff! Make the sacrifice! There is also a section in every issue that offers discounts on items featured in the magazine. Discounts usually range between 30% & 35%. And throughout the mag you will notice there are numerous opportunities to sign up for sweepstakes and special offers such as the ad from Havaianas I posted above. I have noticed that the last page of every issue features a page about your city in particular and recommends new hot spots to shop at. The "Houston" page I posted above offers 20% off at 2 different boutiques and a skin clinic. The July issue alone offered no less than 35 discounts and 10 giveaways with 841 prizes to be awarded. If you're not interested in subscribing, you can still enter all the sweepstakes by logging onto their website at http://www.luckymag.com/. So this is my Super Shopping Secret for the week. As mentioned before, I will post a new shopping secret each Monday. Next week I will be posting my favorite online designer discount shopping site.

No comments:

Post a Comment