Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lotion Alternative

Today I wanted to share my alternative to lotion. When my allergies kicked in a couple of years ago, I found it difficult to wear most lotions because of the fragrance in them. And while there are fragrance free lotions out there, applying them after you get out of the shower just takes extra time and effort. So I started using Neutrogena Body Oil Light Sesame Formula - Fragrance Free. As the label implies, it has sesame seed oil in it. I apply it right after my shower - while I'm still in the shower. It's best to moisturize while your skin is still damp because it retains more moisture. I put it on my legs and arms, making sure to cover my elbows. Sometimes I rub it on my heels too because they tend to get dry. If you are a bath girl, you can add it to bath water to soften your skin. You can purchase this at Walgreens, Ulta, Walmart, Target and most grocery and drug stores. Neutrogena offers the same body oil with fragrance. The bottle looks the same but does not have the label "fragrance free" on the front so watch for that. Sometimes a store doesn't carry the fragrance free version or they are out of stock so you may have to shop around for it. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Do you actually check your products on the cosmetic safety database before you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not unless I'm having a problem finding something that works for me. It is a good idea though, and would probably save me lots of time and money!

    ReplyDelete