Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Borba


Today I would like to sing the praises of Borba Replenishing Aqua-less Crystalline Lychee Fruit. These are little powder packets that you mix with 16 oz. of water and drink. They were created to promote "Healthy Skin from Within."

I bought this product in the hope that it would make my skin look better, but the nice surprise was that my allergies dramatically improved. I had awoken to a stuffy head, runny nose and sneezing literally every day for the last 2 years. I tried everything under the sun. I drank all different kinds of herbal teas and took vitamins. I had my house tested for air quality problems. I switched to fragrance free laundry detergent, went to my family doctor, an allergist, an endocrinologist, and a dermatologist. The only thing that worked was prescription allergy meds which I did not want to have to take every day. I was so depressed by my allergies and at my wits end because they tested me for everything and I wasn't allergic to any specific thing they could identify. I started drinking the lychee borba, and within 2 days I woke up with clear sinuses and haven't had a problem since. Of course I can still set my allergies off by using irritating products, but the day-to-day misery is gone. I am so thankful to have found this product!

I must warn you, it is not cheap! I found a box on clearance at Ulta for $30 which was the only reason I chose the lychee fruit flavor. I didn't even know what a lychee fruit was, much less how it tasted. But I have to tell you, it is absolutely delicious! I think it tastes like a green apple jolly rancher candy. It tastes sweet, yet has no sugar. It is calorie free, aspartame free, sodium free, preservative free, and has zero carbs. This particular formula is supposed to boost moisture, diminish dryness, sensitivity and roughness and promote healthy balanced skin. I noticed another person commented on a website that they drank it to help stave off colds.

Borba has so many vitamins and minerals in it you wouldn't believe. Check out these stats: 420% Vitamin C, 330% Vitamin E, 150% B6, 420% B12, and it contains papaya, guava, lychee, green tea, flaxseed & grapeseed. They have other formulas for clarifying, firming, age defying, etc. They are all packed with nutrients and come in flavors like pomegranate and acai. I buy the 60 count box. I just started on my second box. Ulta sells a 60 pack for $100. I checked a lot of web-sites and they all sold for $100 except for Amazon.com sells them for $91.20 and a website called http://www.eskinstore.com/ sells them for $65. That is a great bargain! Now, I have never ordered anything from this website but it says they include free samples with every sale and they offer "rewards points." Even if you spent the $100 for two months worth of drinks (you only drink one per day) it would average $1.67 per day. That is pretty cheap when you consider you would spend about $1.50 at a coke machine or almost $4 for a small latte. At $65 for a 2 months supply you are looking at a little over a dollar a day. They also sell smaller boxes of 14 packets. I am sold on it!

If any of you decide to give it a try, let me know how it worked out for you.

3 comments:

  1. I need the one that will make me beautiful... oh wait, that wasn't one of the choices. Heck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tip... I had that same allergy problem in my apartment. If it comes back I will definitely go buy some of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moved from Michigan to Cali 8 yrs ago. I moved from LA to Orange county 5 yrs ago & have been miserable w/allergies. I know what you are feeling. I have been tested & had allergy shots that made me worse. I stopped them.
    I write about my allergies, skin, makeup problems that make my allergies flair. It's hard to understand how agonizing it could be, unless you're also a sufferer.

    I will have to try this. I am so glad to find your blog. I know your reviews & finds will help me so much!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete