Monday, August 17, 2009

Hello World!

Today is my very first experience with blogging. Hopefully it will be interesting to some of you and therapeutic for me. I'm one of those people who have lots of ideas but never actually take action and follow through with them. So, yea me. I'm proud of myself. Anyhoo, I thought I would blog about something that I deal with day after day, and that is having fair, sensitive skin.

I know there are a lot of young ladies out there blogging about products and cosmetics, but my angle is a bit different in that I'm 40 years old, very fair skinned, and extremely sensitive. All you fair skinned girls out there know that our cosmetic color needs are a bit unique. Put the wrong color red on your nails and you look like you're bleeding. Put on some blush with a bit too much pigment and you look like a street walker. Put your colors on too light and you look like a corpse. It's a delicate balance. A walk on a tight rope every day.

This morning I thought I would go for "the natural look." I thought I looked pretty good when I went out the door, but once I got to work and looked in the bathroom mirror, I was horror sticken! Someone bring me some bright lipstick STAT! We all have those days.

And this morning I rediscovered a beautiful neutral colored gloss in my stash. As I swiped it on I thought, "This is my new favorite color! I'm going to wear it everyday!" Well, within 5 minutes my nose was running like a water faucet and I sneezed all the way to work. I mean, is it really necessary to put fragrance in a lip color? It is right under your nose people! That is my new beef with the cosmetics companies. Please do not put fragrance in your skin products and cosmetics! There are so many wonderful products and beautiful colors out there that many of us want to try. Please hear our cry!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I have neither fair nor sensitive skin but I HATE that everything has a scent because it all competes. Lotion for feet = lavender. Lotion for body = milk. Lotion for hands = almond. Perfume = Chance. I always wonder what I really smell like. - It's Marlene. That's my blog name....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to see a picture of you before and after the bright lipstick lol.

    Oh and so true, once I painted my nails red and Liam said "owie mommy!" pointing to my nails... Apparently it was the wrong shade... I have lots to learn...

    ReplyDelete