Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WINTER CLEANSING & FOUNDATION ROUTINE

Now that the weather is getting a little colder and the wind is starting to blow, it is time to change your cleansing and foundation routine to protect your skin. While I typically use mild products because of a sensitive, fair complexion, I go even milder with my cleanser and start using a moisturizer every day. I usually use Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild. But I've just switched over to Eucerin Sensitive Skin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. At night, I cleanse then use my Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 and go to bed. In the morning I cleanse, use the Clarifying Lotion then use a little Clinique Moisture Surge before I apply my foundation. I let it sink in a little first.
As far as foundation goes, everyone knows I love my discontinued Loreal Quickstick and will go to the ends of the earth to find it online. But for Winter, I'm switching to a combo of Lorac Oil Free Neutralizer and Clinique Almost Makeup Teint Naturel in Parfait. The Neutralizer is VERY light and is not ideal to wear alone unless you are extremely, and I mean extremely pale. It is meant to cancel out any redness on your face and even out your skin. When you combine it with another liquid foundation it comes out really well. This combo gives a pretty flawless and luminescent look. With the Quickstick, I use a foundation brush to blend, but I've found with this liquid combination that a sponge works a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment