Thursday, October 22, 2009

UNDER EYE CIRCLES

A couple of people have asked me about under-eye circles so I thought it was finally time to address it. I did some internet research and this is what I found. A holistic approach would recommend 3 servings of cruciferous vegetables per week. One site I came across recommended encorporating cruciferous veggies daily. So girls, start eating your salads! Here are some of the specific veggies that were recommended, preferably raw of course: cabbage, spinach, leafy greens, and broccoli. Also recommended were avocado, kiwi, oranges, and grapefruit. The key vitamin I kept coming across was vitamin K. Other vitamins recommended were C, B, E, A, Lutein, Betacartene, Zinc and Fish Oil. Vitamins C & E were also recommended topically.

The product I've probably heard most about for undereye circles is Hylexin. Unfortuntately a small tube is $95 at Sephora. But if you read the reviews, people rave about it. People also rave about StriVectin-SD which started out as a stretch mark cream until people discovered that it also worked miracles in the way of wrinkles and undereye circles. StriVectin-SD Eye Cream is $59 at Sephora. The good news is that a church friend of mine found a copycat version at Walgreens called ProVectin Plus. It is an "Advanced Eye Cream for deep wrinkles and dark circles." An employee at Walgreens actually recommended it to her and it costs only $19.99. I've tried it and I have to say that while I don't suffer terribly from under-eye circles I could definitely tell a difference after just one night just as the product claims. The other good news is that it is Hypoallergenic and fragrance free. If you try it, let me know how it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment