Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcoming Fall

Today I'm going to get off the beaten path a bit. I know this is a beauty blog, but I am so excited about Fall that I just couldn't wait to decorate the house and yard with scarecrows, pumpkins, mums, and hay and have some people over so we could sit outdoors and eat and chat. You have to understand that just a week ago we had a heat index of 105 to 107 with a plague of mosquitoes, so we are welcoming Fall in a big way! Anyhoo, I thought I would post some pics of our Fall decor, our little get together and the little desserts I made.
The front yard:
The front porch:My little Fall fairy...Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere...My cousins Lisa and Lee Ann. We snacked on baked brie, cheese, crackers, summer sausage, fruit, and olives then settled down to Bible study.Little pumpkin carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting for dessert. I got the idea online or in a magazine. Can't remember where I saw it. You could make them with a pumpkin bread or banana bread recipe also. I think in the photo I saw they used tootsie rolls for the stems. I used caramel candy corn I found at Walmart. The were orange and brown so the colors were perfect.This is the Nordic Ware pan I used to make the little pumpkin cakes. I bought it at Walmart.I had so much batter left over that I made mini cupcakes and topped them with caramel candy corns. I made about 24 mini cupcakes and 3 regular sized cupcakes. My husband took them to the fire station the next day.
Happy Fall Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment