Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS

I thought I would give you a list of things I've tried that I didn't like. Of course this is my personal opinion based on my personal experience. So here it goes...

1. NARS blush in Orgasm. I can't tell you how many times I have read that this blush is universally flattering. Well, guess what? It's not. Too orangey and sparkly for me.

2. Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. Ditto above. Year after year this eyeshadow color pops up in magazine articles. I tried it. Twice. Returned it both times. Too sheer and sparkly and gold. Did not compliment my fair skin or my age.

3. Make Up Forever's HD (High Definition) Foundation. Wasn't impressed at all with this.

4. Perfectly Amazing Concealer. This is touted at one of the best concealers out there. I don't agree. Returned it.

5. Covergirl Outlast Lipstain. This is like using a marker to color your lips. I like the idea, but it didn't wear well at all.

6. Dermadoctor skincare line. I bought it for my sensitive skin. Ended up returning it.

7. Bumpits. This is supposed to give your hair that fullness at the crown like a 60s hairdo. Well, I followed the directions to the letter, but no matter what I did you could see the bumpit through my hair. I have a cousin that also tried it and had the same problem. It was also returned.

Do you have any products that disappointed you? Did you try some of the items I mentioned above and have a different experience? I would love to hear from you...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of your products, except bumpits. I haven't tried it because I am afraid it will show through.

    Love posts like this. I know what not to buy :)

    ReplyDelete