Tuesday, October 6, 2009

LASH STATS

I came across some interesting statistics in the October issue of InStyle magazine. They are as follows:
1) 70 - Average amount of times a woman swipes her mascara wand over both eyes.
I find this hard to believe. I will have to count when I am applying my mascara tomorrow. I think I average 36-40. We will see. It would be fun if some of you would let me know what your count is so we can see if they are right!
2) 230 - Lashes on the eyelids (top & bottom).
3) 0.4 Inches - Length of the average lash.
4) 42 - Days in a lash's life span. Who knew or cared?
5) 6 months - after which you should toss open mascaras (they are no longer resistant to bacteria). Do you follow the 6 month rule?

All this lash talk led me to another question. Would any of you consider using a lash growth serum such as Latisse which is available only by prescription? I would love to hear from you all!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I will count my swipes tomorrow. I only keep mascara for 3 months but may consider going to 4 based on this information. I think 6 months is too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I counted mine this morning and it took 84 swipes to do my top and bottom lashes. I couldn't believe it! And I wonder if 6 months isn't a typo. That seems like a long time although I'm sure I've kept some mascara that long. But it usually dries out before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I counted this morning and it was about 40 strokes but I only do my upper lashes.

    I would also like to comment on the time it shows for my post from yesterday, 5:38 AM? No way. I posted at work and I don't get here until 7 AM so it has to be 7:38 or 8:38 unless it is Pacific time.

    ReplyDelete