Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CHICAGO STYLE

I just returned from a trip to Chicago last Saturday. As a matter of fact, I still haven't unpacked. I think I'm in denial because I didn't want to leave in the first place. What a beautiful city. I love it so much I've decided I want to move there! Everyone says, "You wouldn't last one Winter." Well, being from Texas, they're probably right. But I can dream.

So I thought I would write a little bit about a few trends I noticed while I was there.

#1 - Urban Style Flat Black Knee High Boots. I must have seen these a million times! These are Naturalizer's "Jadis" boot. I saw this or some variation thereof all over the place. It makes sense in a large city where you have to do a lot of walking. They are very comfortable, have a very urban style and were worn most often with jeans tucked in them. I love these!

#2 - Wellies/Rubber Boots/Rain Boots. These are all the rage now. You can find them in a multitude of patterns and colors. In Chicago, I only saw them in black. Again, comfortable yet stylish and style born out of necessity. The weather report said it had rained 27 out of the last 32 days! So although these are a current fashion trend, they are very functional. These are by Hunter.#3 - Scarves. Scarves again are a definite necessity in such a cold climate. In Chicago I mostly saw large patterns like this in neutral colors. This one is by Juicy Couture.

#4 - North Face Outerwear. I saw a girl in Starbucks wearing this coat in particular. And while it looks like something an Eskimo might wear, it looked really great on her. She wore it with jeans tucked into boots similar to the ones I posted above and with a scarf. I don't think her coat had a hood or else it was down. Great look for someone tall and slim. Everyone else runs the risk of looking like the Michelin Man. Unfortunately, I could never wear this in Texas without dying of heat stroke!

No comments:

Post a Comment