Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Shooties" and other Ugly Shoe Trends


Is it me, or have shoes gotten really ridiculous looking lately? Maybe I'm showing my age, but these new bootie shoes (or "shooties") are just not my thing. Especially now that they are being worn with dresses. You see them in all the fashion magazines, but this is one trend I will not be following. Here are a few examples of ugly shoes I found in last month's magazines:
I would call these "Stripper Shoes." I mean, who really wears these outside of a nightclub?
Victoria Beckham says these are her favorite shoes and she feels really sexy when she wears them. When I look at these shoes, all I can think of is Minnie Mouse. And what the heck is sexy about that?
Hayden Panetierre. What a beauty. But these shoes are probably the last thing I would have picked to wear with this soft pink dress. I guess I'm just not "with it."
Dalmation spotted "shooties" in the latest DKNY ad. I don't think it's necessary to say anything else here.

I would call these "bandage shoes." Not sexy. I think this outfit would have looked so much better with a different pair of shoes. What do you think?

Please post a comment and vote in my new poll at left. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. They are pictured on the front page of section E of today's Houston Chronicle (12/03/09) as Casual Chic.

    "Ankle boots amp up a casual look. They work well with skinny pants as well as short dresses and tights."

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are amazing, want to see them with this luxury bag

    ReplyDelete